Caritas Anchor House is an award winning homelessness charity based in the London Borough of Newham, providing residential and life-skills support for single homeless adults. Our driving mission is to ensure that those who walk through our doors grow in confidence and move towards leading independent, self-fulfilling lives by providing education, guidance and personal rehabilitation. To find out more about the organisation, please do review our website: www.caritasanchorhouse.org.uk
As a receptionist, you will be an ambassador of our charity’s first impressions on the residents and visitors. It will be your foremost responsibility to compassionately greet all incoming guests, help them with any appropriate information that they need while maintaining high levels of confidentiality. You will also undertake administrative duties, such as compiling the end of day report, payment recording supporting the smooth running of our facility. We operate a 24-hour service and have rotating team shifts to ensure we maintain 24-hour cover at our Reception.
We’re looking for someone friendly yet professional, with fantastic communication skills, a can-do attitude and someone who is able to work well under pressure. The position offers an opportunity to provide excellent customer service to our client group, build new partnerships and be part of a high achieving organisation and make a real difference.
Hours will be worked flexibly throughout the week, including evenings, night shifts and weekends. The hourly rate is £10.55 per hour (London Living Wage).
The primary duties within this position are:
- Welcoming all visitors to Caritas Anchor House, and provide appropriate support such as signposting, booking appointments etc.
- Handling all telephone enquiries and directing calls to colleagues and service users through the main switchboard
- Taking deliveries, arranging couriers and sorting incoming post for both residents and staff
- Providing information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable effective communications and service delivery
- Undertaking daily and administrative duties, such as producing the end of day report, payment recording, updating room check records and any additional admin tasks as required
- Reporting incidents using the required processes and to the relevant teams
- Operating our CCTV equipment in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures including Data Protection policies
- Acting as a Fire Warden in the event of the alarm sounding and ensuring safe evacuation and appropriate attendance of emergency services
To apply, please email your CV and supporting statement outlining your suitability for the role addressing the criteria in the job description to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Angie Ojiudu, Head of HR on 020 7476 6062.
Caritas Anchor House is an equal opportunity employer and we would appreciate it if you could complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying for this position.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.