People Team Volunteer
People Team Volunteer
If so, there is an opportunity to volunteer within a busy and friendly People Team where you can develop your HR skills as well as make a difference at the same time.
About Caritas Anchor House
“Without Caritas Anchor House I might not still be around. They gave me back who I am, and probably a little bit more. I’ve achieved so much, and I couldn’t be more proud.” - Debbie, former resident of Caritas Anchor House
Caritas Anchor House provides a home and support for people experiencing homelessness in Newham. The borough has the highest levels of homelessness in the country, and there is more demand for our services than ever before. Our mission is to ensure that those who walk through our doors grow in confidence and move towards leading independent, fulfilling lives.
We support our residents to address the causes of their homelessness, and to overcome any barriers they may face by providing health and wellbeing support, education and employability opportunities, and help to move on to their next chapters. We’re proud to act as a beacon of hope, and each year we help over 250 people turn their lives around and move on from homelessness.
About the volunteer role
Working closely with our People and Learning Specialist, you will be asked to support us by:
- Assist with the recording of employee compliance documents onto the employee-self-service system
- Enter employee information into the HR system and ensure the standard of accuracy.
- To support in maintaining efficient office systems and procedures for managing data and information
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Are confident in using Microsoft Excel and web-based systems – guidance and support will be provided
- Great communication skills and comfortable talking to other staff within the organisation
- DBS (this will be carried out by CAH)
We are happy to discuss and agree days and time that you are available for and can fit this flexibly around your existing commitments. Our People and Learning Specialist and Director of People will be on hand to provide you with the support you need.
We are looking for volunteers to start as soon as possible. Please get in touch with us on email@example.com.