ETE Programme Volunteer
ETE Programme Volunteer
Caritas Anchor House is an award winning homelessness charity based in the London Borough of Newham, providing residential and life-skills support for single homeless adults. Our driving mission is to ensure that those who walk through our doors grow in confidence and move towards leading independent, self-fulfilling lives by providing education, guidance and personal rehabilitation. To find out more, please visit www.caritasanchorhouse.org.uk
Our Education, Training and Employment (ETE) Team work with residents living at Caritas Anchor House to discover their aspirations and champion their steps towards skill development and the world of work. We have a wide range of services to offer residents during their time with us, including language classes for those who do not have English as a native tongue, IT assessments and literacy sessions, job clubs, CV development session and interview tips to help residents improve their confidence and display to potential employers what they have to offer. We also work in partnership with several organisations to ensure residents receive the best support available.
This is a volunteer role which requires someone to come to our office in Canning Town, East London. We would like the volunteer to work with us twice a week – on a Thursday and one other day. Travel will be reimbursed and free lunch provided on site.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with resident induction appointments and training needs analysis follow up
- Collating and assisting with the Employment Opportunities Database (a new programme capturing all current job opportunities in one spreadsheet) and disseminating to targeted residents in timely fashion
- Build on existing and developing new relationships with training providers, apprenticeship schemes and potential employers
- Attending events and promoting links, accompanying residents to partner events
- Liaising with colleagues and residents to ensure they are aware of upcoming events, and reminders for scheduled appointments/meetings/events
- Carry out other tasks when necessary, such as administrative support, in relation to the our ETE Programme
ETE Programme Volunteer (PDF)
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for this volunteer role, please email your CV and a supporting email to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the volunteer role, please contact Samantha Nakirya, ETE Programme Manager, by email on S.Nakirya@caritasanchorhouse.org.uk or by calling 020 7476 6062.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Caritas Anchor House is an equal opportunity employer and we would appreciate it if you could complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying for this volunteer position.