Take part in the #TwoPointSixChallenge
Our News in Brief
Take part in the #TwoPointSixChallenge
On Sunday 26th April 2020, tens of thousands of people were meant to run just over 26 miles through the capital, many in support of charities. This and thousands of other fundraising events have been cancelled or postponed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, and so the organisers came together to create the Two Point Six Challenge.
Taking part in the #TwoPointSixChallenge is a simple, fun way to support the work of UK charities during this time. You just have to choose a sponsored activity around the numbers 26 or 2.6 that you can complete on Sunday 26th April or the days that follow. Then just set up a fundraising page and invite your friends and family to donate.
You can take part no matter your age, where you live and you can do it on your own, with those you live with or virtually with others. You might want to walk, run or cycle for 2.6 miles; flip a pancake 26 times; get 26 friends together for an online workout; do some gardening for 26 minutes... The options are endless. The only requirement is that you do this at home or during your hour’s daily exercise, providing you can do so safely and within government guidelines.
There are just five simple steps to take part:
- Choose your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas below
- Click here to set up a fundraising page for Caritas Anchor House, or to make a donation of £26
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you, and challenge them to do their own 2.6 challenge
- Complete your challenge and take photos or videos
- Inspire the nation by sharing photos or videos of your challenge on social media using the official hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge and tagging @Anchor_House on Twitter or @caritasanchorhouse (on Facebook and Instagram)
Best of luck with your 2.6 challenges to all home heroes! We hope you and your loved ones are well and that this challenge will provide some fun, while having a positive impact on people without their own home during the pandemic.
We’d love to hear about them, so please feel free to contact us on any of our social media channels or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to support the 2.6 challenge or someone taking part, ask them for their fundraising page link or click here to donate £26 to Caritas Anchor House.
Here are 26 challenge ideas that might be helpful:
- Do you have a skill you can share, like yoga, a cake recipe that’s to die for or how to play the recorder? Offer any kind of one-on-one tuition over a 26-minute video call in return for a donation to your page.
- Challenge your household members to come up with a two minute and six second act (juggling, magic or just clowning around) and combine them into a variety show. Invite family and friends to donate £2.60 in return for a ticket to the performance using video conferencing.
- Arrange a virtual quiz night via video and ask friends and family to donate to take part. Ahaslides.com is a great site for creating easy, multiple choice quizzes that anyone in the world can play on their phone, tablet or computer and is free for up to seven users.
- Try the keepy-uppy challenge. This one’s simple. It’s just you, a ball, and a sponsored challenge of your football prowess: doing 26 keepy-uppies in a row
- Musically gifted? Grab your microphone or instruments (or saucepans, spoons and glasses), and invite your nearest and dearest and watch a 26-minute-long gig live from your living room.
- Run 2.6 miles or for 26 minutes (indoors, outdoors or on the spot)
- Open your own at-home restaurant and charge your household members £2.60 for a meal
- Walk 2.6km around your house in fancy dress - that's 3,412 steps!
- Bake 26 cupcakes and ask your household to donate in return for them
- Challenge yourself to 26 pressups
- Shoot 26 basketball or netball hoops
- Get 26 pals together for an online workout
- Ride your bike for 2.6 miles (or 26!) as part of your daily exercise
- Flip a pancake 26 times without dropping it (and then enjoy it with a topping of your choice!)
- Skip for 2.6 minutes without any mistakes
- Stretch with 26 minutes of pilates or yoga
- Hold the plank for 26 seconds or 2.6 minutes (156 seconds!)
- Do 26 cartwheels or star jumps
- Hop on each leg 26 times
- Take your dog for a 26 minute walk
- Complete 26 laps of the garden on foot, running, cycling, on your scooter or on roller skates
- Put on some music and dance for 26 minutes
- Do 26 step-ups
- Juggle for 26 minutes or just 2.6 minutes
- Do some gardening for 26 minutes
- Walk up and down the stairs 26 times