Our supporter promise
Our supporter promise
Anyone who is kind enough to consider supporting us can be reassured that:
We promise to make the best use of each donation to help support people experiencing homelessness.
- Your donation will be processed efficiently and used to fund our work to support people to rebuild their lives
- Your donation will be promptly acknowledged and we will always be incredibly grateful for your support
- We will keep our administration costs to a minimum and provide clear, public financial reports available on our website
- Your donations will be maximised through Gift Aid, where appropriate
- If you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work we will respect your wishes, and where this is not possible, we will advise you of this and proceed as you request
- We will treat all complaints seriously, investigate them fully and report back to you with a solution.
We strive to keep you fully updated on our work and communicate with you in the way you prefer.
Every communication from us to supporters and members of the public will always include information on how to opt out from future communications.
We only want to contact those who are happy to hear from us and encourage people to get in touch if they would like to change the way we communicate with them.
If you tell us you don't want to hear from us again, or want to hear from us less, we will respect that.
- Use our communications to inform you of the latest news and achievements and update you on how your support is helping to end homelessness
- Show you how you can further support us, unless you request us not to
- Communicate with you in the way that you prefer when you inform us of that preference (you can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
We keep all personal data secure
We are committed to privacy, and will ensure your personal data is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. We will use personal data for the purpose it was collected or other legitimate purposes we tell you about - for example, to administer donations and process Gift Aid where appropriate.
We will only ever contact you about Caritas Anchor House. We will never pass on or sell your personal data to other organisations or charities for marketing purposes. For full details on how we use personal data and your privacy rights, please see www.caritasanchorhouse.org.uk/privacy.
We always respect and act on information from a third party (e.g. family and friends) if they advise us that a donor is vulnerable in some way, if we are satisfied that such third party is entitled to act on the donor’s behalf
We know peoples circumstances change and will respect and act on information shared if one of our supporters is in a vulnerable situation. If you’re worried about a friend or relative who has made a donation to Caritas Anchor House, please contact us on 020 7476 6062 or email@example.com
Caritas Anchor House does not:
- undertake any door-to-door fundraising activity;
- ask for donations on the street;
- ‘cold-call’ people for fundraising purposes.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and as such, we always abide by the Code of Fundraising Practice and commit to upholding the Fundraising Promise, so donors can give with confidence. We keep our fundraising practices under review and we work with others with the aim of improving practice across the charity sector.