Gifts in Kind
Gifts in Kind
In response to the outbreak of Covid-19
We would greatly appreciate donations of hand sanitizers, anti-bacterial wipes, face masks and gloves during this time. We are also running low on non-perishable food items and toileteries.
Our residents have their own kitchen which they can use to prepare their own meals throughout the day. We would be grateful for any donations of the below listed items. It’s important that these items are non-perishable (can be stored without a refrigerator before consumption).
We are in need of:
- Dried food such as pasta, rice, grains etc.
- Canned and tinned food such as tuna, beans, vegetables, soups, fruit and meals such as stew, chilli etc.
- Jarred food, such as pasta sauces, curries, vegetables, pickles, condiments, etc.
- Cereals, granolas and breakfast bars.
Toiletries are often considered luxury items for residents who move into Caritas Anchor House, when they may have previously been rough sleeping or living in difficult situations. We support residents by providing toiletries to them, which can include any of the following items that are new and unused:
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash
- Hairbrushes, haircombs
- Shower gel, body wash
- Shampoo, conditioner
- Hand soap
- Feminine hygiene products
Many of our residents arrive at Caritas Anchor House without many personal belongings or clothing - particularly the men and women who have been sleeping rough. As such, we'd be grateful for donations of clothing, but it's important that these items are new/unused. The items that would be most useful include:
- Winter coats
- Winter accessories, such as hats and scarves
- Smart clothing that would be suitable for job interviews
- Comfortable clothing such as tracksuits and jumpers
- Mens underwear
For more information about making a donation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0207 476 6062 and ask for the Fundraising Team.
Our charity is open 24/7 so donations can be dropped off at any time, but if possible, it'd be great if you could forewarn us first.