Gifts in Kind
Gifts in Kind
In response to the outbreak of Covid-19
We would greatly appreciate donations of hand sanitizers, hand soap, toilet rolls, anti-bacterial wipes, cleaning products, face masks and gloves during this time. We continue to require the below food items, though please note that cooking classes are currently paused.
Our residents have their own kitchen which they can use to prepare their own meals throughout the day. We would be grateful for any donations of the below listed items, to go towards these meals. These donated items can also be used in our cooking classes, helping to equip our residents with the skills to prepare healthy meals on a budget. It’s important that these items are non-perishable (can be stored without a refrigerator before consumption).
We are in need of:
- Dried food such as pasta, rice, etc.
- Canned and tinned food such as tuna, beans, vegetables etc.
- Jarred food, such as pasta sauces, curries, vegetables, pickles, condiments, etc.
Toiletries are often considered luxury items for residents who move into Caritas Anchor House, when they may have previously been rough sleeping or living in difficult situations. We support residents by providing toiletries to them, which can include any of the following items that are new and unused:
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash
- Hairbrushes, haircombs
- Shower gel, body wash
- Shampoo, conditioner
- Hand soap
- Feminine hygiene products
We run a weekly cooking class for our residents and are in need of kitchen equipment, including:
- Serving implements such as serving spoons and tongs
- Graters and peelers
- Rolling pins, mashers, crushers
- Ladles, wooden spoons, spatulas and prongs
- Oven gloves and oven proof mats
- Foil, cling-film and baking paper
- Small pots and baking tins
Many of our residents arrive at Caritas Anchor House without many personal belongings or clothing - particularly the men and women who have been sleeping rough. As such, we'd be grateful for donations of clothing, but it's importanrt that these items are new/unused. The items that would be most useful include:
- Winter coats
- Winter accessories, such as hats and scarves
- Smart clothing that would be suitable for job interviews
- Comfortable clothing such as tracksuits and jumpers
- Mens underwear
For more information about making a donation, you can contact us on email@example.com or phone 0207 476 6062 and ask for the Fundraising Team.
Our charity is open 24/7 so donations can be dropped off at any time, but if possible, it'd be great if you could forewarn us first.