Your Space Counselling
Your Space offers therapeutic services in Caritas Anchor House to our resident group, particularly those who face issues with their mental health, as well as activities and support groups for members of the local community, including:
- Therapeutic counselling service
- Connecting Elders groups, where members help prepare light lunches and participate in various social and recreational activities aiming to connect local elders and reduce levels of isolation
- Connecting Families groups, a mother a child group with regular trips and activities arranged to help improve local connections and improve the level of quality interactive time between local parents and their children
- A self-help group, with sessions covering issues such as reaching your full potential, dealing with abuse and anger management and helping people to build their resilience
- Weekly Talking Therapy groups to help talk through issues and concerns and become part of an invaluable network.
Caritas Anchor House works in partnership with Your Space to empower our residents to engage and navigate local services with confidence, rather than with feelings of helplessness. Caritas Anchor House offers training, resources and support to help improve social health and coping methods through informal support networks.
This partnership working is our response to identified high levels of isolation, low income, financial pressures on families and reluctance to engage local health providers.
Problematic coping areas with high prevalence are:
- Avoidance (debt and health)
- Reliance on drugs and/or alcohol
For more information on Your Space, please email us.